Monday, December 15, 2008

Medical Assistants

Medical Assistants: When my pediatrician told me that Baby C has urinary tract infection (UTI) earlier this month, I was devastated. When he told me that the UTI was most likely caused by a kidney reflux problem, my heart sank. I felt as if I was in a nightmare that would not end. My mind fast-forwarded to the worst case scenario and I almost wanted to cry in the hospital. There were a couple of medical assistants at the doctor’s office and one of them cheered me up. She kept talking to me and made me feel better. It is important for a medical assistant to be compassionate, kind and amiable as their pleasant disposition would bring some cheer to patients and their loved ones. One of the quickest ways to begin a career in healthcare is to become a medical assistant. A medical assistant is not a nurse. A medical assistant job provides a variety of medical and administrative duties and provides the educational stepping stone necessary to advance to other medical careers. If you would like to take on the challenge to be involved in this noble job, you can get your medical assistant training or certificate from a recognized medical assistant school. You do not necessarily have to attend the traditional classrooms at strict timings in a medical assistant school. You can now get a medical assistant certificate in just 6-8 weeks at your own flexibility by pursuing the program online. To learn more about this online program, visit medassistant.org today.