Saturday, August 02, 2008

To Be a Medical Assistant

http://slowcatchupkuan.blogspot.com/2008/10/to-be-medical-assistant.html
To Be a Medical Assistant
by K.L.
As a kid in primary school, i recall that my class teacher asked us to complete our personal details card each year before the start of our new season. One of the columns that were compulsory to fill was the column titled 'ambition'.We were supposed to list down 3 occupations that we wanted to hold in the future. I remember most of us would have similar occupation written on the card. Lawyer, teacher, and doctor. All these 3 occupation was and is still highly regarded.Back then i had no idea what a
medical assistant is. I thought they are the people who only stand at the side during a surgery, handing scalpel or needles to the surgeons. I was wrong. Actually being a medical assistant is a challenging job just as important as being a doctor. Medical assistant helps medical practitioner handles administrative works and clinical task for a smooth running medical office. Without them, the doctors would have their hands full. You see, their jobs are just as tough and rewarding as an actual medical practitioner.Now, i have no qualms if in the future my kids tells me that they want to be a medical assistant. I would find the best medical assistant school for them and hope they excel.